Welcome to the Kingfisher Class Page!
There are 30 Year 1 children in Kingfisher.
Out Staff Team:
Mrs. A. Gair / Mrs Law (Teachers)
Miss. L. Flower (Teaching assistant)
Firstly, we would like to wish you all a very happy New Year! We hope you all had a lovely Christmas break. It’s a busy term in Kingfishers! This term our topic is Castles. The children have settled back into school life this week brilliantly and are really enjoying our new Castle themed areas of provision which include our castle banqueting hall and our castle small world area. We can’t wait to create our own castles and visit a real life castle in Skipton on Tuesday 29th January! Thank you so much for all our offers to volunteer on the day.
After half term the children are going to be looking at the Spring and Growth and all parents and guardians will be invited to attend our second parents evening of the year on Wednesday 6th March or Thursday 14th March. Slots for these parent’s evenings will be available to book online in due course.
The children will be doing PE on a Monday (outdoors) and a Friday (indoors). Please ensure your child has all the appropriate kit in school and are prepared to go outside on Mondays.
Many thanks for your ongoing help and support. We look forward to another fantastic term!
The Kingfisher team.
- Children will need to wear school uniform and sensible shoes. Please remember to send any medication, inhalers etc if needed. Children will need to bring a packed lunch (unless school is providing it) but they will not need a rucksack.
- Come to school dressed as a pirate!
- In Kingfisher we have been thinking about how we can help to save our precious planet. Whilst learning about seas and oceans we have been sad to see how much damage plastics are having on sea life all around the world.
- Design Technology The children looked at a variety of moving picture books then we made our own Under the Sea themed moving pictures!
- What can we see beneath the sea?