We are a mixture of Year 3 and 4 children and our teacher is Mr Jones with Mrs. Lowe supporting us.
Our main topics for this year include:
Busy Bodies – Where we will be covering the science of the human body.
Once Upon a Time in The Stone Age – This topic is a mixture of English (focusing on authors and different genres of stories) and History, looking at Stone Age Britain.
Welcome To Yorkshire – A Local history and Geography study.
Each topic includes either a class visit or a workshop to excite and engage the children, as well as to enhance the learning experience.
P.E. is currently on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and children have been ready and organised with their indoor and outdoor kits. As Aireborough Leisure Centre has not yet been finished, we are currently assessing the situation regarding swimming for Y4 and will update you when we have further details.
Homework is being given out on Thursdays this year and needs to be returned on Monday mornings with housepoints awarded for effort and accuracy.
Please keep practising your spellings and time tables (plus the linked division facts), as it is so important.
Games to support your child for Spelling and Maths
Year 3 and 4 spellings
Times tables and other Maths
Combination of addition and subtraction problems
Telling the time
Mr Jones and Mrs Lowe work in our class
- We had a lovely day celebrating all things Yorkshire.
- Peacocks had a fantastic (if a little soggy) trip to the Yorkshire Scuplture Park. We all learnt a lot and even had a go at creating our own large-scale sculptures.
- Tomorrow is Peacocks visit to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
- We all had a great time making and tasting our own Yorkshire Puddings with Onion Gravy.
- Peacocks have created some fabulous pastel artwork linked to our class text, The Iron Man by Ted Hughes.
Home School Links
|Home school link Spring 2019 peacocks.pdf||Download|