Robin class has 15 Year 2 children and 15 Year 1 children.
The Robin team are:
Miss Stevens – Class Teacher
Miss Jackson – Teaching Assistant
We hope you have had a fantastic Christmas break and are ready for all our learning challenges this Spring term.
We have started our ‘Castles’ topic and we are all very excited about visiting Skipton Castle on Tuesday 29th January. Special thanks to the parents who have bravely volunteered to accompany us!
We will be sending home the new Year 2 revision guides for reading and mathematics at the start of January. We have found that these books really help to prepare children well for the range of questions they might come across in their SATs assessments later in the year. Please read the letter at the front of each book as it explains which activities are to be completed each week. In Robin class, we will go over the answers to each section on Wednesdays and children can self-correct their work if necessary. If you have any further questions, please feel free to make an appointment to see me after school. In addition, our parents evenings are being held on Wednesday 6th March and Thursday 14th March so please book a time online.
Thank you for your continued support
- This afternoon Robin class have been challenged to find out how they can make a ball of plasticine float. The children soon realised that they needed to make a boat shape and some were even sturdy enough to carry some marbles as passengers.
- We have been having lots of fun this morning making our own pirate treasure maps.
- Robin class have been giving beebots instructions to find different objects on our big pirate treasure map.
- Robin class have worked hard to create their own sparkly rainbow fish with colourful sea background washes.
- Robin class are really enjoying their drumming lessons.