Welcome to the Blackbird flock!
Blackbirds (Year 5) are taught by Mr Ibison and Teaching Assistants Miss Tate, Miss Etherington and Miss Hanson. Our topics this year are Blitzed Brits, Vicious Vikings v Savage Saxons and Creeping Coasts.
We have PE on a Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday (ACES after school session), so please remember come to school in your kit!
Homework is set on Friday and is due in on Tuesday morning.
Here's to a fantastic year!!!
Volcano Curriculum Day
Skipping School workshop
Getting the measure of maths
Viking art and design
Christmas Party Fun!
Up The Billing
Woolton pie cookery
Danger! Danger! High Voltage!
Trip to Esholt Woods
Truthful food advert
Harvest Curriculum Day (Vegetables)
- A quick note about PE kits from Miss Tate and Miss Etherington.
- For our curriculum day this term, UKS2 hosted a Volcano Day.
- Over the last few weeks, the children have taken part in a number of practical maths lessons on measures that they couldn’t do during lockdown.
- Just a quick message to say that Puffin and Blackbird class have swapped the days which they will be skipping. Puffin is now Wednesday and Blackbird is Thursday.
- In a challenging term, there were just some things we couldn't do over Seesaw with this topic - art and design. Therefore, we completed two projects on our return to school: crafting a clay Thor's hammer necklace and sewing Viking dragon slippers.
Home School Link
|Home school link Autumn 2020 Blackbird.docx||Download|