Nightingales are a Year Four class and the teacher is Mr Jones supported by Miss Tate and Mr Goodall.
Our topics this year are:
- Awesome Egyptians where we will find out about the pyramids, mummification and much more.
- Rumble in the Jungle where we will explore South America, the rainforest and its animals.
- Victorian Rawdon where we will delve into the history of our local area and the reign of Queen Victoria.
Each topic includes either a class visit or a workshop to excite and engage the children, as well as to enhance the learning experience.
Don’t forget that the title of bookworm of the week (and the perks which go with it) will be awarded to the reader with the best and most consistent comments in their reading diary.
Outdoor P.E. is on Tuesdays and indoor P.E. on Wednesdays.
(Until October 1/2 Term we have a PE coach in on Fridays too)
Homework is being given out on Wednesday this year and needs to be returned on Monday mornings with house points awarded for effort and accuracy.
Please keep practising your spellings and time tables (plus the linked division facts), as it is so important. This year all Years Four children will take part in a national times table test which involves knowing all their times tables up to 12x12. Please also practise telling the time at home as a lot of children find this very tricky.
Y4 Residential - June 2020
This year we are taking Year 4 on a 1-night residential to Lineham Farm. They will have a chance to experience a range of outdoor and adventurous activities and have a absolutely fantastic time with their year group.
Games to support your child for Spelling and Maths
Times tables and other Maths
Telling the time
The Nightingales staff are Mr Jones helped by Miss Tate and Mr Goodall.
Lineham Farm Residential Slides
- We have been investigating equivalent fractions using a range of resources to aid our understanding.
- Nightligales have really been enjoying their French sessions with Mrs Whetstone and her selection of finger puppets.
- Miss Tate, Mr Goodall and myself would like to thank you all for your generosity and kind Christmas’s wishes. We hope you all have a wonderful holiday and look forward to hearing all about your exciting Christmas activities. Mr Jones
- As part of our Egyptians topic we tried to mummify an apple. We did this. By placing a carved apple in a mixture of salt and baking powder. This was left for several weeks and the results were quite impressive.
Fabulous choreography by everyone involved!