Nightingales are a Year Four class and the teacher is Mr Jones supported by Miss Key and Mrs Heyward
Our topics this year are:
- Busy Bodies - A science-based topic looking at how our bodies work.
- Once Upon A Time in the Stone-Age - This is a mixed topic where we look at different authors and genres of books, followed by looking at The Stone Age in Britain.
- Welcome To Yorkshire: This is a geography topic looking at the physical and human geography of Yorkshire as well as the important cultural heritage of the county.
Each topic includes either a class visit or a workshop to excite and engage the children, as well as to enhance the learning experience.
Outdoor P.E. is on Tuesdays with ACES afterschool and on Thursdays. Children need to arrive dressed for PE on these days.
Homework is being given out on Friday this year and needs to be returned on Monday mornings with house points awarded for effort and accuracy.
Please keep practising your spellings and time tables (plus the linked division facts), as it is so important.
This year all Years Four children will take part in a national times table test which involves knowing all their times tables up to 12x12. Please also practise telling the time at home as a lot of children find this very tricky.
Games to support your child for Spelling and Maths
Times tables and other Maths
Telling the time
The Nightingales staff are Mr Jones helped by Miss Key and Mrs Heyward.
Lineham Farm Visit April 2021
Stone Age Meadow Experience - March 2021
Lineham Farm Residential Slides
- Carrier Bag / Bag for Life for Friday 19th March
- Welcome New Nightingales!
Lower Key Stage 2 Performance - A 'Littlemoor' Oliver
Wow! How quick is this?
Fabulous choreography by everyone involved!
Home School Links
|Home School Link LKS2 Busy Bodies Autumn 2020.docx||Download|