Welcome to the Robin Class page
Robin class has 15 Year 2 children and 15 Year 1 children.
The Robin team are:
Miss Stevens – Class Teacher
Miss Jackson – Teaching Assistant
Our topics this year are:
Autumn Term - Dinosaurs
Spring Term - Underground
Summer Term - Where I Live & Kenya
Please download the relevant 'Home School Links' document at the bottom of this page in order to find out more information about this term's topic and any related visits or visitors.
Each week, children will be given two new reading books to share with you at home and a set of spellings. Please support your child to learn their spellings prior to the spelling quiz which will take place on Thursdays.
We will be sending home Year 2 revision guides for reading and mathematics at the start of January. We have found that these books really help to prepare children well for the range of questions they might come across in their SATs assessments later in the year. Please read the letter at the front of each book as it explains which activities are to be completed each week. In Robin class, we will go over the answers to each section on Wednesdays and children can self-correct their work if necessary.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to make an appointment to see me after school.
Thank you for your continued support
- This week in robin class, we have been learning about Diwali. With the help of our Deaf Instructor Karen, we learnt lots of signs connected to the story of Rama and Sita.
- Thank you for supporting Children in Need and type one diabetes in your onesies and spots today.
- We have been looking at the work of Andy Warhol and we were inspired to make our own pieces of art in his style. We used four different colouring media to carefully complete our work.
- Our planets look great on our space display.
- Robins have been busy this week learning all about the planets in the solar system.