Welcome to the Robin Class page
Robin class has 13 Year 2 children and 15 Year 1 children.
The Robin team are:
Miss Stevens – Class Teacher
Miss Jackson – Teaching Assistant
Miss Clarkson - Communication Support Worker
Our topics this year are:
Autumn Term - Space
Spring Term - Castles / Spring and Growth
Summer Term - Oceans and Seas
Please download the relevant 'Home School Links' document at the bottom of this page in order to find out more information about this term's topic and any related visits or visitors.
Each week, children will be given two new reading books to share with you at home and a set of spellings. Please support your child to learn their spellings prior to the spelling quiz which will take place on Fridays
We will be sending home Year 2 revision guides for reading and mathematics at the start of January. We have found that these books really help to prepare children well for the range of questions they might come across in their SATs assessments later in the year. Please read the letter at the front of each book as it explains which activities are to be completed each week. In Robin class, we will go over the answers to each section on Wednesdays and children can self-correct their work if necessary.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to make an appointment to see me after school.
Thank you for your continued support
- Miss Jackson, Miss Clarkson and I would like to say a big thank you to all the parents and carers for our lovely cards and gifts. You are all far too generous and we feel very loved and appreciated.
- Hello, I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. We would like to send all the children’s books home tomorrow (Monday), so please could you send your child to school with a carrier bag / reusable bag to carry it all home in. Thank you
- Well done Mia for designing a lovely poster to explain how we can help our oceans.
- Robin class have loved making their under the sea habitat boxes.
- We all had great fun on pirate day this week. The children loved treasure hunting in the meadow, role playing using the adventure playground as a pirate ship and making their own treasure biscuits and jewels.