Welcome back to a new term Clever Kestrels!
We have had a fantastic first few days together, getting to grips with new routines… and each other! Year 5 have made a great start to the year, diving into our new topic of World War 2. Year 6 have now (almost) recovered from their Robin Wood residential and are getting ready to take on their responsibilities around school in their new job roles. In a couple of weeks, they will be meeting their Foundation Buddies and helping them to settle into our wonderful school.
This year promises to be another exciting adventure through our other topics of Savage Saxons & Vicious Vikings and Creeping Coasts, with visits from Moveable Feasts Drama Company, and visits to Thwaite Mills, Filey, not to mention some brilliant curriculum days and lots of cooking and creativity !
In addition, we have our annual Inter-house football, rugby, cycling and quiz competitions, and the legendary cross-country race, where we will be hoping to beat our scores from last year…fingers crossed! If we are good, Santa and the Easter Bunny may even pay us a visit this year – will you be able to hunt-out your egg?!
Another great highlight to look forward to, when hopefully the rules allow, is our end of year performance, “Evacuees” which promises to be another sell-out show! By this point, we will be getting our wonderful Year 6s ready for the big step-up to secondary school, and will finally send them off with an emotional trip down memory lane, at our Leavers' Concert.
There is so much to look forward to over the next year. Here’s to a fantastic autumn, spring and summer. Let’s work hard and play hard in Kestrel Class!
Mrs Jarvis, Mrs White, Miss Clarkson and Mrs Weatherhead
- We have completed our role play area this week, in preparation for beginning work on the Home Front next week.
- This has been our first full week together as a whole class, and it has been wonderful!
- It's been a fantastic and busy first week back for Kestrel class!
- We just wanted to say huge thank you for all of the generous gifts you have so kindly sent us and for all of the lovely words.
- Hi there Puffins and Year 6 Kestrels, Hope you've had a decent half term! Just to let you know that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we are having to move our Year 6 Treats Afternoon from 16th June to Wednesday 20th July.