Welcome to the Kingfisher Class Page!
There are 30 Year 1 children in Kingfisher.
Out Staff Team:
Miss Weatherhead (Teachers)
Mrs Thompson/Mrs Thomson (Teaching assistants)
Firstly, we would like to welcome you to Kingfisher class! We hope you all had a lovely Summer break. It’s a busy term in Kingfishers! This term our topic is Dinosaurs. The children have settled into Year One this week brilliantly and are really enjoying our new Dinosaur themed areas of provision which include our Dinosaur discovery center and our Dinosaur small world area.
The children will be doing PE on a Monday (outdoors) and a Wednesday (indoors). Please ensure your child has all the appropriate kit in school and are prepared to go outside on Mondays.
Many thanks for your ongoing help and support. We look forward to another fantastic term!
The Kingfisher team.
- Year One have been looking after their very own dinosaur egg! We have been watching how it cracks each day!
- Thank you to all the parent volunteers who came on our trip to 'The Deep' on Monday. The day went smoothly and the children had a wonderful time.
- Children will need to wear school uniform and sensible shoes. Please remember to send any medication, inhalers etc if needed. Children will need to bring a packed lunch (unless school is providing it) but they will not need a rucksack.
- Come to school dressed as a pirate!
- In Kingfisher we have been thinking about how we can help to save our precious planet. Whilst learning about seas and oceans we have been sad to see how much damage plastics are having on sea life all around the world.