Ducklings & Goslings
Welcome to Foundation. We have two reception classes - Ducklings and Goslings. The teacher of the Duckling Class is Mrs Edwards. The Gosling Class teacher is Miss Slack. Other adults within our Foundation team are Mrs Cooke, Mrs Nutton and Mrs Catton. Please speak to any member of our team if you have any questions or concerns.
We have an amazing indoor room with lots of provision areas that are enhanced with each theme we deliver. Our outdoor area is an exciting learning environment. We use this area daily to engage in a range of learning opportunities, whatever the weather!
We follow the children’s interests but popular themes are ‘All About Me’, ‘Superheroes and Princesses’, ‘People who help us’, ‘Animals’ and ‘Growing Plants.’
Our PE day is Friday.
Please see our weekly newsletters for further information and important dates.
Duckling and Gosling News
- Foundation parents should have received an email regarding the pilot baseline assessment.
- The Foundation team would like to say a huge thank you to parents and carers for your kind, thoughtful and generous words, cards and gifts. It has been a pleasure teaching and getting to know your children.
- In P.E. today we have been practising our throwing skills for Sports Day.
- The children all enjoyed getting stuck in to making their house. They used their cutting,sticking and other making skills. They were able to adapt their model as they came across any problems.
- The children received a letter from Mr Wolf this morning. He apologised for blowing two houses down and asked for the children’s help to design and make a junk model of a new strong house.