Ducklings & Goslings
Welcome to Foundation. We have two reception classes - Ducklings and Goslings. The teacher of the Duckling Class is Mrs Edwards. The Gosling Class teacher is Miss Slack. All the adults within Foundation are Keyworkers. The other adults are Mrs Cooke, Mrs Nutton, Mrs Catton and Mrs Thompson.
We have an amazing indoor room with lots of provision areas that are enhanced with each theme we deliver. Our outdoor area is an exciting learning environment. We use this area daily to engage in a range of learning opportunities, whatever the weather!
We follow the children’s interests but popular themes are ‘All About Me’, ‘Superheroes and Princesses’, ‘People who help us’, ‘Animals’, ‘Growing Plants.’
Our PE days are Mondays and Fridays.
Duckling and Gosling News
- The Foundation team would like to say a huge thank you to parents and carers for your kind, thoughtful and generous words, cards and gifts. It has been a pleasure teaching and getting to know your children.
- In P.E. today we have been practising our throwing skills for Sports Day.
- The children all enjoyed getting stuck in to making their house. They used their cutting,sticking and other making skills. They were able to adapt their model as they came across any problems.
- The children received a letter from Mr Wolf this morning. He apologised for blowing two houses down and asked for the children’s help to design and make a junk model of a new strong house.
- The children have been busy designing and making a house for ‘The Three Little Pigs’. They have been thinking about how to keep the pigs safe, dry and warm.